My First Urban Adventure Race - The Hobbits

In view of the upcoming race I'm participating in again this coming Saturday, I am made to remember of the first race I took part in. This coming Saturday's race is in lined with the Kadayawan festivities the city is celebrating this week. My first race was in view of an "Araw ng Dabaw" celebration. Hmm.. what year was that?

The picture on the left is taken before the race started. With me were my co-teammates then -- Melai and Anne. At the background is Pastor who was still Anne's boyfriend then hehe. How time flies, Pastor now is a national hero of sorts, Melai is now in the States and Anne is now married to Pastor whom she share two sons with. As for me, I'm now married to Bolo who was a marshall of this race then and share a son with him. Funny how life could really turn out to be at times :)

It was a fun race. We placed third over-all which is not a bad thing for a first time. Some of those who knew us kept of teasing us that there were probably just three teams thus we placed third :p Yeah right!

Comments

Popular Posts