Canibad 2007

Taking advantage of the holiday, some of my officemates and I went to Canibad in Samal Island. It's been ages since I've last been there. Bolo and I were in fact feeling a bit nostalgic than usual. The first time we were there together was when we were still about 6 months into our relationship. Two friends of mine -- Suzette and Bambie -- from AMOC were co-celebrating their birthdays there. It's the first time I brought him with me to meet them. It was through the invitation of Suzette whom Bolo and I would open bump into each other during our nightly runs at PTA.

Now, several years later, we return to the same place with our own little one in tow. It is such a... surreal experience. Bolo and I can't help to think about how funny life could be. Little did we know at that time that he and I would end up marrying each other. Let alone that we will be back in Canibad bringing our son along.

Changes

The place is still beautiful. And same as before, it is hardly that accessible hehehe Well, it's a long way from PeƱaplata -- or Babak for that matter -- two of the populous town of Samal with Babak being it's capital. (Am I right?) I must admit the trip -- both to and from -- was tiring but it's all worth it. I guess part of the reason for it maintaining its charm is the fact that it is not that accessible to everyone.

But there were some changes alright. When we were close to the jump-off to the beach, I craned my neck, looking out for that nook where there's a cross in the road. It was where the whole gang waited for our ride to arrive during that birthday outing. I regard that place special since Bolo and I we're deep into conversation at that time. Well, the relationship had been pretty new at that time. So it's no wonder if everything was still sweet and well... relevant. I was a bit disappointed to find out that that particular nook have changed. There are now two houses on it. It looked pretty much habituated thus obliterating any semblance of "romance" it might have had in the past.

Anyway, even the path down to the beach has also changed. If before, there was nothing but jutting jurassic coral formations wherein to lodge your foot into, now there are modified steps and bamboo railposts where one can securely hold onto while going down.

I was also surprised to have found that there are already cottages there. They're for rent from P 150.00 to P 300.00. We also have to pay a P 20.00-entrance-fee. What did not change however, was the rustic beauty of the place. The water is still very much clear and clean. There's no getting enough of it. We were in fact loathe to go home when the time came. We would have gladly lingered in the water.















Comments

Popular Posts