Annecy: of Ancient Chateau, Quaint, Old town and Endless Charm

Annecy Old Town Credit: RABolo

My Aunt Lyme and I had an early drive from Lyon to Annecy.  It took around 2 hours on an easy drive.  As I was still tired from my travel, I would often doze off but I tried my best to stay awake.  Aunty must have noticed and she said it is totally fine for me to sleep as she knew I was tired still from work and all the traveling I did coming here.  

 

Annecy is quite a quaint, "little" town.  The old town with it's canals and old structures are quite picturesque and romantic.  We walked all the way towards Castillo de Annecy, which according to Wiki, is where the Counts of Geneva used to stay.  Imagine that.  



What is a visit to France without being a foody?  Annecy is known for their cheese fondue and saw quite a lot of those, walking by the outdoor cafes on our way to the chateau.  When we made our way back, we stopped by one of these resto's.  We didn't have fondue though. I had something better -- smoked salmon pizza with lots of cheese... The flavours just burst in one's mouth.... Since then, I've been quite partial to smoked salmon pizzas and quiche, wherever travels take me around Europe... It was that good! 

Some more photos:



Chateau Annecy

Comments

Popular Posts