Basecamp Activity: Adventure Race!

April 9, 2005
Covering 26 Control Points


Team Amoc 2 One of the two (2) teams to beat! hehe Posted by Hello


The Preparation. Stephen: Streeeetch...; Myself: Hmm... better straighten out the cyclings hehe; Choy2x: Better fix the shoes first! Posted by Hello


Renee: Hehe okay na ni na prepare oi. Rest muna bago takbo! hehe Posted by Hello


Race briefing. Bolo, myself, Jay, Renee, Choy2x and Stephen -- Team AMOC 1 and 2. Posted by Hello


All the racers. Posted by Hello


Let the race begin! On our way to CP 1. Had we worked on the codes of our passport first, we could have figured out that we were allowed to hire a ride at this part of the race. Tsk, tsk as they say, "Only fools rush in!" I was already halfway to CP 1, all tired and sweaty from the heat and the distance we have covered when I finally figured the codes out. Imagine my dismay! Posted by Hello

It did not help that Bolo is quite irritating at this point in the race. I was still warming up to the race and being dead tired from the loooooong trek the previous days, I had a hard time pacing myself. The heat and the distance kept me from finding my rythm. And I had the codes insistently on my mind. I knew it meant something that might give us some shortcuts. And how right I was. But there he was, Bolo, kept urging me on, wanting me to run faster than I was barely managing. He kept on reminding me that I run a lot faster when I'm doing my rounds at the PTA back home.

The heat and my tiredness and his insistent prodding was starting to rub me raw. Had not my usual common sense prevailed, I had already been eyeing some of the pebbles that were littered a long the way. I was wondering whether they would make a nice sound if they would hit Bolo in the head hehehe Stephen's presence helped though. He was sensitive enough to know I was still getting my bearings. He told me to just pace myself. He knew me well enough to know I'd be getting my stride soon.


Team AMOC 1: The cute ones hehe. Race ba ito o photo shoot? =)  Posted by Hello


Two Teams. First two teams to have arrived at CP 15. Posted by Hello


The Convergence. Teams converging at CP 15 where we had to wait for our turn at "stenciling" the park's monument marker. Posted by Hello


Finally, our turn! Team AMOC 2 taking their turn at stenciling. Posted by Hello


Team AMOC 1's turn at it! O! What are these redhorse bottles doing in this CP? Are the racers supposed to drink a glassful before moving on?!? Posted by Hello


The Champions of the race. Benjie, Ploy2x and Jay Mani looking momentarily dazed and confused while looking at us running at the opposite side of the road. Posted by Hello


Me to Stephen: Okay na Phen? Tama lagi no? Diri na direction? Sina Yoks, naa na o! Posted by Hello


Bolo to Stephen: Sa Dunkin ba to bai? Dili ba to Greenwich? Posted by Hello


Stephen: Dagan lang Rods, hinay2x sa ko lakaw. Naa lang man daw sa unahan ang LBC. Posted by Hello


Stephen to Bolo: Bai, dapat ing-ani atong strategy Bai para mapildi nato sila... Posted by Hello


The couple. Tsk, tsk, kaya talo bah! =) Posted by Hello


Me: Phen, ask daw ng babae kung diri ba gyud ang CP;
Stephen: Miss... miss...;
Kid:Huh?! Kinsa ni siya? Gwapa lagi kaayo (hehehe) Posted by Hello


Ms. LBC: Punta ka dito na CP then balik ka dito na CP;
Stephen:Ah ok. Posted by Hello


At CP 20? Team Amoc 1 take its last picture before returning back to base =). Posted by Hello



Let's go back to basecamp then and finish the race. Posted by Hello


On our way back to basecamp. Posted by Hello


End of the race. Posted by Hello

Socials! Socials! (Pictures yet to be uploaded)

Day 8 (April 10, Sunday): On Our Way Home!


The Edge "Team" and Friends. A few last pictures before going home.  Posted by Hello


The AMOC. Myself, Jay, Renee, Choy2x, Edoc and Stephen Posted by Hello


Few last moments in Ozamis soil. At the passenger terminal just before boarding the ferry that would take us across Pangil Bay on our way back home. Posted by Hello


On board the ferry. Crouching: Dexter and Dong; Seated: Benjie, Myself, Bolo, Jay, Stephen, Renee, Edoc, Ceasar and Fr. Yoks (hehe); Standing: Jay Mani, Some friends, Rey. Posted by Hello


O, wag malungkot Jay! Bakit, may iniwan ka ba sa Ozamis? hehe Shown at the background is the little hill called "Bugacan" which is the location of the CP 1 of the adventure race the day before. Hmm... so that is why running all the way there left us all quite breathless. It was quite an uphill.  Posted by Hello


One Last look at Malindang.  Posted by Hello

We had a moment of indecision upon reaching the terminal in Cagayan de Oro. The lone aircon bus there could only accomodate 2 more passengers and there were a whole bunch of us. The next available bus is non-aircon which was quite empty and could easily accomodate all of us. Some were quite willing to take the non-aircon bus yet there were also some who preferred a more comfortable and speedier ride. Non-aircon meant numerous stopovers and those who already had work on their minds the next day, wanted to have less of those stopovers as possible. The sooner we get home, meant the sooner we will be able to rest, in time for work the next day.

With Ploy2x's help, we managed to request a "special" aircon trip for us. And at a discounted rate yet. From the expected P 450.00 fare, we had it down to P 375.00. Imagine that! It made me wish ruefully that I had bought an extra box of Pastel back at "Vjandep's," had I only known it =). I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking of it.


Finally, on the bus bound for Davao. Allan and Dexter; Benny, Ann2x, Ceasar, Rey (barely shown); Myself, Renee, Ploy2x, Dong, Edoc, and Jay. Posted by Hello


With the Driver and Security this time. The "entire" Davao delegates: Jay Mani, Jan2x, Allan, Dexter,Benny, Ann2x, Ceasar, Jay, Rey, Danny, Myself, Renee, Edoc, Benjie, Ploy2x, Bolo and Dong. Posted by Hello

We were already outside of CDO downtown and on our way up when we encountered some mechanical problems. We had to wait for some time until the driver of the bus was able to fix the problem. It was an unwelcome delay for most of us but we took advantage of it by going out of the bus to do some stretching and walking about. And of course, some picture taking too =).


Waiting till the driver fix the problem of the bus. In this photo: (Front, from left) Ploy2x, Edoc, Jay Mani, Ceasar, Myself and Allan; (Back) Benjie, Rey, Jan2x, Benny, Ann2x, Digong, Jay, and Danny; (On the "ledge") Bolo, Dexter and Choy2x; (Farthest) Dong. Posted by Hello


On our way again. Having fixed the problem with the aircon, we again boarded the bus and went on our way. Rey and Allan in this picture have yet to board the bus. On the bus, Renee is the one making faces by the window. I sat infront of her. Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular Posts